Union Court is at the heart of the ANU campus. Some days it’s the life and soul of the University, others it’s a windswept empty space.
The revitalisation of Union Court and University Avenue will combine the best elements of existing campus life and bring a new learning, cultural, physical and social experience to us in a village setting.
We’ve been working with the community on the revitalisation plan since 2014. During this time more than 1,400 students academic and professional staff, and members of the community have shared their views and we have received more than 23,500 comments to develop a plan that includes:
- One stop student services in the heart of the University
- New pool and gym facilities plus an expanded range of health and wellbeing services
- Cafes, bars, restaurants, shops and services
- New accommodation for 750 students
- New, flexible, technologically driven teaching and learning spaces
- Underground parking for 400 cars
- A new purpose built events, theatre and cinema building
- Professional suites for services and businesses
All set in a beautiful new landscaped environment.
The project is expected to take 18 months to complete with construction beginning in July 2017.